Re: How was I able to drop a role even though objects depend on it?

От David Johnston
Тема Re: How was I able to drop a role even though objects depend on it?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Wojciechowski, Robert (GE Transportation) wrote
> [...] there is a database that shows this connect grant to a user that was
> known as foo1_userA (oid 3562339547): 3562339547=c/postgres

The main user dependent situation is having said user OWNER on a database
object.  Simply giving a user connect privileges on a database does not make
the database dependent upon said user and so removing said user remains
possible.

Either (or both) a more explicit description or a self-contained test case
is needed to figure out if you are simply mis-understanding the situation or
if there truly is a bug.  The sentence I quoted above leads me to think
operator-error.

David J.