Re: pg_dumpall problems

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_dumpall problems
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Peter Koczan" <pjkoczan@gmail.com> writes:
> So, is there any remedy to my problem (see below) short of granting
> superuser access? Is this a bug (which I would then report on the
> appropriate channels)?

It's not a bug.

> As for Tom's suggestion, there's no way to specify the database in
> pg_dumpall, only the server, and the same bug occurs if I run as the user on
> the same server and cluster with the same major version.

You still haven't responded to my query: did you try it in the same
database that pg_dumpall is connecting to?  My guess is that you have
munged the permissions on pg_shadow or pg_authid without understanding
that that will only take effect in the one database you do it in.
pg_dumpall is connecting to either "postgres" or "template1" depending
on version; what's the permissions situation in that database?