Re: JDBC 4 Compliance

От David Johnston
Тема Re: JDBC 4 Compliance
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
I've phrased this before but I'm of the mind to avoid "stable" and
"experimental" references.  I imagine a scenario where there is no
"official" driver but simply "blessed" drivers.  Blessed drivers have been
reviewed by the PostgreSQL JDBC team for functionality, performance, and
stability and have had a comparison/review done and published.  There might
be two or three experimental drivers in the wild at any given time that have
chosen different trade-offs.  In many ways similar to how Linux and Distros
inter-operate though the core is spec and not necessarily a shared codebase.
But whereas Linux doesn't really care about the Distros the PostgreSQL JDBC
team would indeed try to care about the different implementations that are
in the wild.

David J.

Adam Gray wrote