Re: changeset generation v5-01 - Patches & git tree

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: changeset generation v5-01 - Patches & git tree
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 2013-06-23 10:32:05 -0700, Kevin Grittner wrote:

>> The contrib/test_logical_decoding/sql/ddl.sql script is generating
>> unexpected results.  For both table_with_pkey and
>> table_with_unique_not_null, updates of the primary key column are
>> showing:
>>
>> old-pkey: id[int4]:0
>>
>> ... instead of the expected value of 2 or -2.
>>
>> See attached.
>
> Hm. Any chance this was an incomplete rebuild?

With my hack on the pg_basebackup Makefile, `make -j4 world` is
finishing with no errors and:

PostgreSQL, contrib, and documentation successfully made. Ready to install.

> I seem to remember having seen that once because some header
> dependency wasn't recognized correctly after applying some patch.

I wonder whether this is related to the build problems we've been
discussing on the other fork of this thread.  I was surprised to
see this error when I got past the maintainer-clean full build
problems, because I thought I had seen clean `make check-world`
regression tests after applying each incremental patch file.  Until
I read this I had been assuming that somehow I missed the error on
the 16th and 17th iterations; but now I'm suspecting that I didn't
miss anything after all -- it may just be another symptom of the
build problems.

> Otherwise, could you give me:
> * the version you aplied the patch on

7dfd5cd21c0091e467b16b31a10e20bbedd0a836

> * os/compiler

Linux Kevin-Desktop 3.5.0-34-generic #55-Ubuntu SMP Thu Jun 6 20:18:19 UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
gcc (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.7.2-2ubuntu1) 4.7.2

> Because I can't reproduce it, despite some playing around...

Maybe if you can reproduce the build problems I'm seeing....

--
Kevin Grittner
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company