Re: 9.1 RPM - seucrity update to 9.1.9 still shows 9.1-4?

От Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Тема Re: 9.1 RPM - seucrity update to 9.1.9 still shows 9.1-4?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

On Wed, 2013-06-05 at 16:04 -0400, dx k9 wrote:
> There is no difference in the rpm here for 9.1 as we used originally last year.
> http://yum.postgresql.org/repopackages.php
>
> This
>  makes me think the vulnerability didn't exist with the RPM version of
> 9.1.    Otherwise,  postres wouldn't have the same exact rpm still available
>  for download.  It uses 9.1-4 just like I downloaded July 31 2012 with the same exact byte count.

repo packages != PostgreSQL RPMs

You first install the repository RPMs. The repo RPMs just prepare your
system so that you can install PostgreSQL. -4 is the version of the
repository RPM -- not PostgreSQL rpm.

Then, yum install postgresql91-server  will install 9.1 on your system
--whatever the version is.

So for example, the latest in 9.1 for RHEL 6 is:

http://yum.postgresql.org/9.1/redhat/rhel-6-x86_64/repoview/postgresql91-server.html

9.1.9 .

-HTH

Regards,