Re: PANIC during VACUUM

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: PANIC during VACUUM
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
[please don't top-post]

German Becker <german.becker@gmail.com> wrote:
> Albe Laurenz <laurenz.albe@wien.gv.at> wrote:
>> German Becker wrote:

>>> I am testing version 9.1.9 before putting it in production. One
>>> of my tests involved deleting a the contents of a big table ( ~
>>> 13 GB size) and then VACUUMing it. During VACUUM PANICS.

>> If you mess with the database files, errors like this are to be
>> expected.

> Thanks for your reply. In which sense did I mess with the
> database files?

You didn't say how you deleted the contents of that big table, and
it appears that Albe assumed you deleted or truncated the
underlying disk file rather than using the DELETE or TRUNCATE SQL
statement.

In any event, more details would help people come up with ideas on
what might be wrong.

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Guide_to_reporting_problems

--
Kevin Grittner