Re: after 9.2.4 patch vacuumdb -avz not analyzing all tables

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: after 9.2.4 patch vacuumdb -avz not analyzing all tables
Дата
Re: after 9.2.4 patch vacuumdb -avz not analyzing all tables
Список pgsql-admin
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> However I've got to say that both of those side-effects of
> exclusive-lock abandonment seem absolutely brain dead now that I
> see them.  Why would we not bother to tell the stats collector
> what we've done?  Why would we think we should not do ANALYZE
> when we were told to?
>
> Would someone care to step forward and defend this behavior?
> Because it's not going to be there very long otherwise.

I'm pretty sure that nobody involved noticed the impact on VACUUM
ANALYZE command; all discussion was around autovacuum impact; and
Jan argued that this was leaving things in a status quo for that,
so I conceded the point and left it for a follow-on patch if
someone felt the behavior needed to change.  Sorry for the miss.

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/50BB700E.8060404@Yahoo.com

As far as I'm concerned all effects on the explicit command were
unintended and should be reverted.

--
Kevin Grittner
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company