Re: Data entry question

От David Johnston
Тема Re: Data entry question
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Pumper wrote
> Hello All,
>
> I am an amateur at db's, but I have built several good ones with OO base.
> I have Postgresql and PgAdmin on Debian 6.
> I am impressed with the features of PgAdmin, but cannot find
> how to enter data with integrity. The only instances of a look-up table
> I have found refer to preventing incorrect entries, but nothing
> to insure the correct entry in the first place. Surely a printed list of
> customers or category codes is not used?
> Please, how is this done??
>
> Regards
>
> Pumper

PgAdmin is designed to be used as an administrative tool.  It is not
designed to be used by end-users for data entry.  PostgreSQL does not have
any official tools for that purposes but rather is able to be used as a
back-end for many commercial tools as well as programming languages for
custom development.

I do not use PgAdmin so I cannot really speak to its features and while it
may be able to do some of what you need it is mostly intended to create and
modify the database schema and provide a GUI interface for browsing.

David J.