Re: Vacuum, analyze, and setting reltuples of pg_class

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Vacuum, analyze, and setting reltuples of pg_class
Дата
Re: Vacuum, analyze, and setting reltuples of pg_class  ("Jim C. Nasby" <jim@nasby.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
"Greg Sabino Mullane" <greg@turnstep.com> writes:
> Short version: is it optimal for vacuum to always populate reltuples
> with live rows + dead rows?

If we didn't do that, it would tend to encourage the use of seqscans on
tables with lots of dead rows, which is probably a bad thing.

> Is there any way to encourage those dead rows to go away,

Close your open transactions.