Re: Moving a database AND changing the superuser

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Moving a database AND changing the superuser
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Rich Cullingford <rculling@sysd.com> writes:
> Well, I was gonna use pg_dumpall to avoid the tedium of individual
> dumps, but (gotcha!) pg_dumpall doesn't accept
> --use-set-session-authorization (tho' it does run pg_dump!). If I use
> pg_dumpall, will pg_restore (with --use-set-session-authorization) be
> smart enough to ignore the \connect calls in the dump?

Nope, because pg_dumpall only outputs plain-text scripts, which you
can't feed to pg_restore.  7.3's pg_dumpall was a few bricks shy of a
load as far as supporting all the possibly-useful options of pg_dump :-(
so I think you're kinda stuck here.  You can either hack up the
pg_dumpall sources to add this option, or go to 7.4.