Re: pgsql: Improve wording of some pg_upgrade failure reports.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: Improve wording of some pg_upgrade failure reports.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
> On 29.04.21 21:40, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Don't advocate dropping a whole table when dropping a column would
>> serve.  While at it, try to make the layout of these messages a
>> bit cleaner and more consistent.

> I don't understand how this makes the message layout cleaner.

The main thing that's cleaner IMO is that it's separated what one
could call the primary error message ("Your installation contains FOO.")
from the errdetail, which formerly was run onto the same line in
some cases, but not others.

For translatability purposes, maybe we could consider how to split
those texts into separate message strings for each sentence?  The
detail text is pretty nearly boilerplate and could be unified,
I suspect.