Re: backup improvements

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: backup improvements
Список pgadmin-support
On Sat, 2013-02-23 at 18:48 +0000, Kozusznik Michal wrote:
> Unfortunately it proves that way you have chosen doesn't match best practices for creating UI.

That's probably not the only one bad choice in UI on pgAdmin :)

> Besides, it makes impossible to execute backup once again with the same or slightly changed backup settings (what I
alreadyprooved).

Yeah, I understand that. Changing the button behaviour will get against
some other users wishes, and so won't happen. Having the dialog remember
the old values is something I would like to see coming though.

> Also I didn't ask form hide anything. I'm asking to leave it without changes. Instead of changing meanin of backup
button,just pop up some modal requester with the information. 2 birds with one rock.

Well, the "hide a button" came from your comment: "curious the Cancel
button remains".

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info