Re: Remove or weaken hints about "effective resolution of sleep delays is 10 ms"?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Remove or weaken hints about "effective resolution of sleep delays is 10 ms"?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 3:50 AM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
>> To back up my claim on this, read man 7 time
>> (e.g. http://linux.die.net/man/7/time), especially "The software clock,
>> HZ, and jiffies" and "High-resolution timers". To quote the most salient
>> point:

> Interesting, thanks.

Yeah.  "grep resolution /proc/timer_list" on my RHEL6 box says that the
timers all have 1ns resolution!

Given this, I'm on board with just removing the weasel-wording about
timer resolution, except maybe for commit_delay where useful values
are small enough that it's a hazard on old systems.