Re: reporting reason for certain locks

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: reporting reason for certain locks
Дата
Re: reporting reason for certain locks  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> No, what I was suggesting was taking the existing function:
> extern void pgstat_report_waiting(bool waiting);
> ...and instead doing something like this:
> extern void pgstat_report_waiting(char *reason);
> ...and then arrange to pass the reason via the eponymous argument.

The question is how many cycles are we willing to expend on preparing a
reason string that (in approximately 99.9% of the calls) will not be
of any use.  It would be much better to avoid doing this and instead
expend the extra work on the inspection side.

Сообщение: Re: SQL/MED - core functionality
Сообщение: Re: SQL/MED - core functionality