Re: UnUsed Tuple Space Huge

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: UnUsed Tuple Space Huge
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Michael G. Martin" <michael@vpmonline.com> writes:
> That's what I was beginning to think from reading.  I just wasn't sure
> of the correlation between MAX_FSM_PAGES and the actual pages occupied
> by the table after a full vacuum.  1:1 ?? Any general rules?

1:1 would be worst case, probably.  The real question is how many pages
get dirtied between vacuums --- so you can trade off more frequent
vacuums for a smaller free space map.

We don't have a lot of experience yet with tuning that parameter (if
we did, there'd be advice in the manual).  Please report anything
you learn from experimentation.