Re: Setting up High Availability Group of PostgreSQL instances using RedHat Cluster Suite

От Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Тема Re: Setting up High Availability Group of PostgreSQL instances using RedHat Cluster Suite
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Sun, 2012-12-02 at 01:45 +0500, Terry Khatri wrote:

> I need to do the subject setup using PostgreSQL, where when one node
> goes down another takes over without manual intervention, the way it
> is done in Oracle using grid infrastructure and in SQL Server 2012
> using their Alway-On feature

This is done using Red Hat Cluster Suite (RHCS). It is the "High
Availability Addon" in Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and I recommend you
(though not strictly required) to use GFS2 along with RHCS

> My question is, has anyone done that?

Yes ;)

> can anyone please help me implement it

http://www.gunduz.org/download.php?dlid=190

has the overview of the infrastructure. Step-by-step installation might
be too long for a mailing list, but the idea is the same as installing
anything under RHCS -- so any tutorial will help you that describes how
to configure a clustered service in RHCS. Please note that this is not
an active-active system as you wrote above, so those clusters won't
apply this. Another tip would be keeping lock file and pid in the shared
storage, not on the local disks. You will need to adjust init scripts
for that, too. There is not too much manual work btw.

Oh, that reminds me -- RHCS is currently using cman+corosync+rgmanager,
so any solutions with pacemaker will work, but won't be supported by Red
Hat (though AFAIK RHEL 7 will use pacemaker by default)

Feel free to use  luci and ricci for configuring the services, they will
help you a lot. Luci is the web interface for configuring cluster, ricci
is the agent on each node.

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ