Re: BUG #7628: Installation of PostgreSQL 9.2.1 on Windows 7 may take too long

От limkimhuot
Тема Re: BUG #7628: Installation of PostgreSQL 9.2.1 on Windows 7 may take too long
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Dear all,

Today is my fourth day I have been trying to install PostgreSQL
(postgresql-9.2.1-1-windows-x64) in my window 7 x64, yet it fails all the
time.

I don't know much about VB script or I am very new in VB.

Is it correct if I place code of the new environment variable like this:

SYSTEMDRIVER = %SYSTEMDRIVE%
strProgramFiles = objShell.ExpandEnvironmentStrings("%PROGRAMFILES%")
strSystemDrive = objShell.ExpandEnvironmentStrings("%SYSTEMDRIVER%")

One more thing, whenever I re-install PostgreSQL the code will go back to
the original. I have tried to modify it while initializing the database
cluster but it still takes so long time. So, what should I do in this step?

Thank you so much before hand.

Kimhuot