Re: Patch to send transaction commit/rollback stats to the stats collector unconditionally.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Patch to send transaction commit/rollback stats to the stats collector unconditionally.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@ymail.com> writes:
> Gurjeet Singh <gurjeet@singh.im> wrote:
>> Besides, there's already a throttle built in using the
>> PGSTAT_STAT_INTERVAL limit.

> This is a key point; neither the original patch nor my proposed
> alternative bypasses that throttling.

That's a fair point that probably obviates my objection.  I think the
interval throttling is more recent than the code in question.

If we're going to do it like this, then I think the force flag should
be considered to do nothing except override the clock check, which
probably means it shouldn't be tested in the initial if() at all.