Re: Creating a function for exposing memory usage of backend process

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: Creating a function for exposing memory usage of backend process
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 2020/08/24 13:13, Fujii Masao wrote:

> On 2020/08/24 13:01, torikoshia wrote:
>> On 2020-08-22 21:18, Michael Paquier wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for reviewing!

>>> What you have sent in 0001 looks fine to me.  A small test is much
>>> better than nothing.
>
> +1
>
> But as I proposed upthread, what about a bit complicated test as follows,
> e.g., to confirm that the internal logic for level works expectedly?
>
>       SELECT name, ident, parent, level, total_bytes >= free_bytes FROM pg_backend_memory_contexts WHERE level = 0;

> Thanks for the patch! Looks good to me.
> Barring any objection, I will commit this patch at first.

As far as I know, utils/adt is the directory to basically include the files
for a particular type or operator. So ISTM that mcxtfuncs.c doesn't
fit to this directory. Isn't it better to put that in utils/mmgr ?

The copyright line in new file mcxtfuncs.c should be changed as follows
because it contains new code?

- * Portions Copyright (c) 1996-2020, PostgreSQL Global Development Group
- * Portions Copyright (c) 1994, Regents of the University of California
+ * Portions Copyright (c) 2020, PostgreSQL Global Development Group

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
Advanced Computing Technology Center