Re: size of .po changesets

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: size of .po changesets
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2012-08-23 at 11:21 -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Yeah, IMHO .po files are handled pretty badly by SCMs.

By SCMs that store diffs internally, perhaps, but Git doesn't, so I
don't think it matters much for storage whether .po files diff well.

> I wonder if we
> could reduce the amount of git churn caused by those files by simply
> removing all comment lines from these files as they are exported from
> pgtranslation into postgresql.git?  Since they are not "source" for
> postgresql.git anyway, the other one being the canonical repository,
> there doesn't seem to be any point to those lines ... or am I mistaken?

I don't see this being worth the trouble.  It would just make it more
difficult to track where the files are coming from.  There could also be
problems with downstream distributors if we are not shipping files in
source form.