Re: Question about ALTER TABLE DROP CONSTRAINT on 9.1 -- psql crashes

От Greg Williamson
Тема Re: Question about ALTER TABLE DROP CONSTRAINT on 9.1 -- psql crashes
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Tom --

<...>

> WTF?  That should certainly not happen.  Have you perhaps got a script
> that runs around sending SIGTERM to backends that it thinks are blocking
> something?  Does anything show up in the postmaster log when this
> happens?

No, we have processes that kill IDLE IN TRANSACTIONs ruthlessly, but nothing that kills any other processes. There is an outside chance that this ran at just the same time that a cronjob ran the REINDEX command for the table (unlikely but I am going to shut off the cronjob and try this again).

It does not log an ERROR to the log file; I can wade intio the log and see what else it says but it will take a little while (about 800 megs per hour) to answer that.

Thanks, and I'll report back soon.

Greg
-

Сообщение: Re: Question about ALTER TABLE DROP CONSTRAINT on 9.1 -- psql crashes
Сообщение: Re: Question about ALTER TABLE DROP CONSTRAINT on 9.1 -- psql crashes