Re: Query history

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: Query history
Список pgadmin-support
On Wed, 2012-07-25 at 18:15 +0200, Michal Kozusznik wrote:
> While trying to use query history, I found 2  issue limiting  the power
> of this feature:

By query history, you mean the 4th tab in the query tool? or the
combobox?

> A)
> query history is filled by whole script, not only but queries run. It
> fills query history by the same script multiple times even if script is
> not changing.
> How to reproduce:
> 1. Use following script
> SELECT 1;
> SELECT 2;
>
> 2. Select first line and execute.
> 3. Select second line and execute
> 4. Check query history - the whole script is stored on 2 slots on query
> history

Well, this would be a lot of work, something not reasonable to do. The
probably hardest part of it would be to find individual queries; Good
luck with that.

Right now, we send to the server everything or only the selected part.
And we know if everything went fine, or if there was an error.

> There are 2 possible ways of how it should work:
> 1. store only executed part of script
> 2. make sure that the same script is not already stored (valid also for
> suggestion #1)
>
> B)
> Only one query history exists - same for all defined servers. I would
> like to see separate history for each server.
> I found useless to use queries from db on another one while both
> databases may be significantly different

If we are still talking about the 4th tab, the history is lost when you
quit the query tool. So I don't really see a need to separate history
between servers. Actually, if you want to do that, open a query tool per
server.

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info