Re: index and data tablespaces on two separate drives or one RAID 0?

От ach
Тема Re: index and data tablespaces on two separate drives or one RAID 0?
Дата
Re: Re: index and data tablespaces on two separate drives or one RAID 0?  (Joe Miller <joe.d.miller@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
> My fastest postgresql servers have everything on one raid10, using 16 or
> 20 15000 rpm SAS2 drives on a 1gb flash-backed cache controller.

Thank you - that affirms what'd been my own growing supposition, and the
plan

> why?

Really?  ...Well, I mean, I'd just been going with what I'd seen asserted as
the solid baseline position:  WAL should be on its own separate drive,
devoid of any interference and/or interruption other than just writing WAL.
To see that challenged is surprising; are you saying my interpretation on
that point would be incorrect, and that assumption would be wrong?

Thank you again for your feedback!

~ach