Re: Ability to listen on two unix sockets

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Ability to listen on two unix sockets
Дата
Re: Ability to listen on two unix sockets  (Michael Nolan <htfoot@gmail.com>)
Re: Ability to listen on two unix sockets  (Honza Horak <hhorak@redhat.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On sön, 2012-06-10 at 17:24 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> >> and also affects the naming of any UNIX sockets created.
> >
> > Why would that matter?  If you configure M ports and N Unix socket
> > locations, you get M*N actual sockets created.
>
> ...I *seriously* doubt that this is the behavior anyone wants.
> Creating M sockets per directory seems patently silly.

How else would it work?

If I say, syntax aside, listen on "ports" 5432 and 5433, and use socket
directories /tmp and /var/run/postgresql, then a libpq-using client
would expect to be able to connect using

-h /tmp -p 5432
-h /tmp -p 5433
-h /var/run/postgresql -p 5432
-h /var/run/postgresql -p 5433