Re: strange problem

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: strange problem
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
"Böhm, Sebastian (Vendor)" <sebastian.boehm@friendscout24.de> writes:
> I installed an newer rpm of the glibc (2.2.2-8.1 / 2.2.2-4 before) und
> reinitialized the database with locale=3DC.

> Just after installing the rpm, the problem was still there (reindex I =
> did),
> but after dump/initdb --locale=3DC/import the problem was gone.
> Dont know wheater it is the reinit with new glibc or the reinit with
> locale=3DC, dont have the time to figure it out.

If I am correct in guessing that strcoll is to blame, then setting the
locale to C would have made the problem go away.  I am dubious that
glibc 2.2.2-8 fixes the strcoll bug --- the notes I have say that that
fix appeared in glibc 2.2.3.  However, if you're happy running in C
locale then it doesn't really matter whether strcoll works or not ...