Re: FATAL: lock file "postmaster.pid" already exists

От Mark Dilger
Тема Re: FATAL: lock file "postmaster.pid" already exists
Дата
Список pgsql-general
We only use one database, not counting the
built-in template databases.  The server is
running 9.1.3.  We were running 9.1.1 until
fairly recently.

We are still getting set up to test this on
non-virtual hardware, but hope to have results
from that in a few hours or less.

From: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
To: Mark Dilger <markdilger@yahoo.com>
Cc: deepak <deepak.pn@gmail.com>; Alban Hertroys <haramrae@gmail.com>; "pgsql-general@postgresql.org" <pgsql-general@postgresql.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2012 12:23 PM
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] FATAL: lock file "postmaster.pid" already exists

Mark Dilger <markdilger@yahoo.com> writes:
> We do not use tablespaces at all.

[ scratches head... ]  If you aren't using any tablespaces, there should
be only *one* pgsql_tmp directory, which makes this even more confusing.

(Unless you're using a pre-8.3 release, in which case there would be one
per database, so maybe if you've got hundreds/thousands of databases in
the cluster that would explain it.  But I sure hope you're not still
using pre-8.3, especially not on Windows.)

Сообщение: Re: Re: significant performance hit whenever autovacuum runs after upgrading from 9.0 -> 9.1
Сообщение: Re: Re: significant performance hit whenever autovacuum runs after upgrading from 9.0 -> 9.1