Re: FATAL: lock file "postmaster.pid" already exists

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: FATAL: lock file "postmaster.pid" already exists
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Mark Dilger <markdilger@yahoo.com> writes:
> We only use one database, not counting the
> built-in template databases.� The server is
> running 9.1.3.� We were running 9.1.1 until
> fairly recently.

OK.  I had forgotten that in recent versions, RemovePgTempFiles doesn't
only iterate through the pgsql_tmp directories; it scans the regular
database directories too, looking for possibly orphaned temp relations.
So if you had lots and lots of files in your regular database
directories, possibly scanning those could be slow.  Still, it's only
looking at the file names, not attempting to stat() them or anything,
so it would be a pretty shoddy filesystem that would take a really long
time for that.