Re: FATAL: lock file "postmaster.pid" already exists

От Mark Dilger
Тема Re: FATAL: lock file "postmaster.pid" already exists
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I tried moving the call to RemovePgTempFiles until
after the PID file is fully written, but it did not help.
pg_ctl attempts to connect to the database, and does
not report the database as running until that connection
succeeds.  I am not comfortable moving the call to
RemovePgTempFiles after the point in the postmaster
where child processes are spawned and connections
made available to clients because by that point the
temporary files encountered may be valid ones from
the current incarnation of Postgres and not from the
incarnation before the reboot.

I do not know precisely why the filesystem is so slow,
except to say that we have many relations:

xyzzy=# select count(*) from pg_catalog.pg_class;
 count
-------
 27340
(1 row)

xyzzy=# select count(*) from pg_catalog.pg_attribute;
 count
--------
 236252
(1 row)

Running `find . | wc -l` on the data directory gives
55219