Re: Remove readline notice from psql --version?

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Remove readline notice from psql --version?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Tom Lane's message of dom may 20 23:04:59 -0400 2012:

> > Excerpts from David Fetter's message of dom may 20 15:30:52 -0400 2012:
> >> I think this should be replaced with a notice about the actual library
> >> used.
>
> > That was my thought as well, but is it possible to implement it?
>
> And, more to the point, would it be more reliable than checking the
> results of system-specific tools such as ldd?

If well implemented, my guess is that it would be.  For example recall
that in Debian they are shipping psql linked to libedit due to licensing
concerns, but then suggest a hack to use LD_PRELOAD to load libreadline
instead.  So ldd might tell you that it's linked to libedit and fail to
notice that at runtime something different is being used.