Re: libpq URL syntax vs SQLAlchemy

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: libpq URL syntax vs SQLAlchemy
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On lör, 2012-05-12 at 10:32 +0100, Simon Riggs wrote:
> On 9 May 2012 19:17, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
>
> > I have been reviewing how our new libpq URL syntax compares against
> > existing implementations of URL syntaxes in other drivers or
> > higher-level access libraries.  In the case of SQLAlchemy, there is
> an
> > incompatibility regarding how Unix-domain sockets are specified.
>
> Is there an open standard that already defines this?

As I wrote upthread, RFC 3986 is the latest version of the standard for
URIs.  But it's a multileveled matter, because in the simplest instance,
a URI is

scheme:something

(compare mailto:), so in theory almost any URI can comply.  But now that
I read it once again, since our "something" starts with "//", we are
bound to the more specific syntax defined there, and that makes our
current implementation just plain invalid on the matter that I
complained about in my earlier message.