Re: Fwd: Postgres JDBC, WS and commit

От mephysto
Тема Re: Fwd: Postgres JDBC, WS and commit
Дата
Re: Fwd: Postgres JDBC, WS and commit  (Radosław Smogura <rsmogura@softperience.eu>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi Kevin,
I will try to explain my scenario: with my application, many users exchange
message within them. User1 send message to user2 by a web service. This web
service send message and wait the response from user 2 before end and send
notice to user1. I can't know how many time is needed for response, so, I
would to save te state in a table on database to prevent accidental
disconnection of client from web service.

But I found that, if transaction are not closed until web service operation
end, my table are not update, and I can't know the wait state of user1 and I
can't take back he to his request.
Moreover, if transaction lock my table, and other user, user3, send a
message to user4, I can't save his state until user1 operation end.

Is it clear enough?

Is there any wrong in my reasoning? Is there anything I ignore in pool
functionality?

Thanks in advance.

Mephysto