Re: FDW handling count(*) through AnalyzeForeignTable or other constant time push-down

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: FDW handling count(*) through AnalyzeForeignTable or other constant time push-down
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Gabe F. Rudy" <rudy@goldenhelix.com> writes:
> Is there any way to convince Postgres FDW to leverage the analyze row counts or even the "double* totalRowCount"
returnedfrom the AcquireSampleRows callback from my AnalyzeForeignTable function so that it does not do a full-table
scanfor a COUNT(*) etc?

No.  In PG's view, ANALYZE-based row counts are imprecise by definition.

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: insufficient qualification of some objects in dump files
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: insufficient qualification of some objects in dump files