Re: BUG #16284: Pg_dump is not working and PostgreSQL APP no longeravailable

От Tony Ryf
Тема Re: BUG #16284: Pg_dump is not working and PostgreSQL APP no longeravailable
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi Daniel

Thanks for the update.

This is it: The pg_dump ist date from 2016-05-10!

Qnap is a bit crazy to even allow such packages to be distributed.

We have to move to maybe Linux:

What do you recommend as operating system for PostgreSQL?

I would prefer Upuntu 18.04, but why is the update stopping for linux versions on PostgreSQL 10?

What about docker images for PostgreSQL on  Ubuntu 18.04?

Thanks for your advice

Tony

Planetwerks AG
Nüschelerstrasse 45 | 8001 Zürich | Switzerland
Phone +41 44 227 1410 | Mobile +41 79 436 36 69
tony.ryf@planetwerks.ch | www.planetwerks.ch

Am 02.03.20, 11:46 schrieb "Daniel Gustafsson" <daniel@yesql.se>:

    > On 2 Mar 2020, at 11:22, Tony Ryf <tony.ryf@planetwerks.ch> wrote:

    > How can I use the pg_dump from 11.4? There is only one pg_dump after the update from PostgreSQL to 11.4 from
9.3.13on the QNAP Server?

    I assume this upgrade wasn't using any PGDG distributions (since those provide
    the full set of applications), so that's a question for whomever is creating
    the distribution that you were installing.  If you upgrade only upgraded the
    backend server and not the client/serverside utilities then that sounds quite
    wrong.

    > And what about the issue that the PostgreSQL app is no longer available on QNAP Server?

    Again, that's a question for the relevant vendor.  The PostgreSQL project isn't
    publishing a QNAP distribution.

    cheers ./daniel

Сообщение: Re: BUG #16284: Pg_dump is not working and PostgreSQL APP no longeravailable
Сообщение: Re: BUG #16284: Pg_dump is not working and PostgreSQL APP no longeravailable