Re: feature request

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: feature request
Список pgadmin-support
Hi,

On Thu, 2012-03-08 at 09:35 +0100, UNTERRAINER.Guenther@leitwind.com
wrote:
> A suggestion to this request:
> I was used to work with TOAD on Oracle and there when you had more
> statements in the editor (what you usually have),
> when you executed then automatically only the statement where you had
> the cursor on was executed. Very useful.

You can already to that by selecting the query you want to execute.
People ask that we add a new way to execute queries so that it executes
the query where your cursor is but it is really difficult to do (where
does your query start, and where does it stop? one possible answer would
be to execute the line, but I have various examples showing it doesn't
seem such a good idea).

> One more request:
> the object tree on the left site if apparently not automatically
> refreshed. So from time to time it happens to me when I compile
> an object (function, view, ...) and I forget to refresh on the tree
> and I reopen it later (with create script function) then it gives me
> the old code
> and so it happens to me if I don't note this that I overwrite the
> changes from before.
> I understand that the problem is maybe the way I'm working but still
> an auto refresh of the tree would be good I think.

1.15 has already some code to auto-refresh objects in the tree when you
click on them.

> And as I'm already here, one more request for the job control
> (pgagent):
> --> not sure if this is the right place to ask this here, if not
> please tell me where to ask this

Well, pgadmin-support is a better place than asking me directly :)
(which is why I CC the list).

> From the icon you see only if the job is enabled or not.
> For me it would be very helpful if you could see the fallowing by the
> icon:
> 1. if the job is disabled (already implemented)
> 2. if one of the steps is disabled
> 3. if the job is running
> 4. if the last run was not successful

Yes, could be a nive idea.

> Apart from this requests, thank all of you very much for this great
> (free!!) tool!

You're welcome.

Regards.

--