build postgresql problem

От arokyzxc
Тема build postgresql problem
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

  I am new to postgresql, and was trying to install postgresql on redhat
server. since I am not root user, and can not run rpm command, the only way
to install it is by building postgresql from source code. after i download
source code, i did configure command,but it gave me following error message
:

checking for library containing readline... no
configure: error: readline library not found

so i went to online again, find the readline source code, which locates
http://cnswww.cns.cwru.edu/php/chet/readline/rltop.html.

after i build readline, i used following command to do configure

./configure --with-libs=/home/user/build/readline/lib/libreadline.so
--prefix=/home/user/build/postgresql/

but it still can't find the readline lib.

what's wrong with it? is there anything i missed? thanks