Upgrade Postgres 8.4SS >> 9.1

От shitake
Тема Upgrade Postgres 8.4SS >> 9.1
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi guys,

i'm currently in the process of upgrading my 8.4SS version to a 9.1 version
of postgresql.
I am running it on a Windows 2003 Server machine.
The tool that I'm using is 'pg_upgrade'.
Both servers are stopped.
I have editet the pgpass.conf to include a line like this:
'*:*:*:postgres:postgres'
I have put a line like this into the pg_hba.conf : local   all         all
trust

The -? option on pg_upgrade doesn't show any parameter that I can set for a
password, I started the command line as User:postgres and the ouput I get is
this.

D:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.1\bin>pg_upgrade -d "D:/Program
Files/PostgresPlus
/8.4SS/data" -D "D:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/9.1/data" -b "D:/Program
Files/Post
gresPlus/8.4SS/bin" -B "D:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/9.1/bin" -p 5432 -P 5433
-v

Running in verbose mode
Performing Consistency Checks
-----------------------------
Checking current, bin, and data directories                 ok
Checking cluster versions                                   ok
""D:/Program Files/PostgresPlus/8.4SS/bin/pg_ctl" -w -l "nul" -D "D:/Program
Fil
es/PostgresPlus/8.4SS/data" -o "-p 5432 -c autovacuum=off -c
autovacuum_freeze_m
ax_age=2000000000" start >> "nul" 2>&1"

connection to database failed: fe_sendauth: no password supplied

unable to connect to old postmaster started with the command: ""D:/Program
Files
/PostgresPlus/8.4SS/bin/pg_ctl" -w -l "nul" -D "D:/Program
Files/PostgresPlus/8.
4SS/data" -o "-p 5432 -c autovacuum=off -c
autovacuum_freeze_max_age=2000000000"
 start >> "nul" 2>&1"
Failure, exiting

There's a window open with the data_dir of both servers and i never see a
postmaster.pid, so i can be sure that none of the 2 servers are started by
the pg_upgrade.

Where could i provide it with a password ??
And if the password is not the problem, what could i have possibly done
wrong ??

Thanks a lot.