Re: Running Postgres Daemons with same data files

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Running Postgres Daemons with same data files
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Bhartendu Maheshwari <bhartendum@jataayusoft.com> writes:
> I got all your points, thanks for such a great discussion, Now the last
> thing I want is how can I close the data files and flush the cache into
> the data files. How can I do this in postgresql????

Shut down the postmaster.

> I will also try with RAID and other suggested way you all suggested.

I don't think what people have been telling you has penetrated at all.
You CAN NOT run multiple postmasters concurrently on the same set of
database files.  It will not work.  It will corrupt your data.  There
is no hack that will make it work.