Re: listing installed modules

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: listing installed modules
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, 2011-12-27 at 15:55 +0100, Daniel Vázquez wrote:
> How to get a list of contrib module installed extensions on Postgresql
> 8.4??

If you mean installed on the OS, it's impossible from the SQL command
line. If you mean installed on your database, it's difficult to know.
You need to check if a specific function / type / operator / whatever
that this extension provides is available. It's difficult and error
prone.

That's why we now have the extensions system. Now as "in 9.1".

> I see \dx command for 9.1 but not works on 8.4

Yes. That's because extensions are a new PostgreSQL object since the 9.1
release.

--
Guillaume
  http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info