Re: Shared memory corrupted?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Shared memory corrupted?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Jeff Boes <jboes@nexcerpt.com> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> What's signal 14 on your machine?  (Look in /usr/include/signal.h to
>> be sure.)  Also, what PG version is this?

>  14) SIGALRM

> This is Pg 7.3.4, running on Linux 7.3 (Kernel 2.4.18-18.7.xsmp on a
> 2-processor i686).

Hm.  That doesn't make any sense at all, because SIGALRM is either
caught by a handler or ignored everywhere in the Postgres backend.
There is no situation where it could legitimately cause process
termination.  Is it possible you are dealing with a kernel bug?

[ thinks... ]  Another possibility is that you are running some
non-Postgres code that resets SIGALRM handling to default.  I have
heard rumors that Perl will do that in some cases, for example.
Are you using plperl?