Re: patch for new feature: Buffer Cache Hibernation

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: patch for new feature: Buffer Cache Hibernation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Bruce Momjian's message of vie oct 14 12:12:22 -0300 2011:

> Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> > The guideline, last I checked, was that before getting into coding any
> > item from the TODO list, the prospective hacker should check previous
> > discussions and initiate a new one on this list to ensure consensus.
> > Unless something is blatantly "not wanted", I don't think it should be
> > removed from the TODO list.  There not being consensus does not mean
> > that there cannot ever be.
>
> OK.  But if we are pretty sure we don't want something, e.g. hibernate,
> we shouldn't add it.

If we're so sure we don't want it, we could add it to the "features we
do not want" section.  But as Robert says downthread, I don't see us
being so sure that we don't want hibernation.

Сообщение: Re: patch for new feature: Buffer Cache Hibernation
Сообщение: Re: patch for new feature: Buffer Cache Hibernation