Re: patch for new feature: Buffer Cache Hibernation

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: patch for new feature: Buffer Cache Hibernation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 11:12 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
>> OK. �But if we are pretty sure we don't want something, e.g. hibernate,
>> we shouldn't add it.

> Fair enough, but I'm not even slightly sure that we don't want that.
> I think having prewarming utilities available as contrib modules or on
> PGXN would be useful, but integrating something into the backend would
> allow it to be far more automated.

Right.  I think this one falls into my class #2, ie, we have no idea how
to implement it usefully.  Doesn't (necessarily) mean that the core
concept is without merit.

Сообщение: Re: patch for new feature: Buffer Cache Hibernation
Сообщение: Re: patch for new feature: Buffer Cache Hibernation