Re: database size much bigger than tablespaces on filesystem

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: database size much bigger than tablespaces on filesystem
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, 2011-09-14 at 04:03 -0700, Rob Audenaerde wrote:
> I have a Postgresql 8.3 instance with tablespaces totalling on about 74G. This is fine.
>
> But if I ask Postgresql how big my database is, I get a (unexpected) large answer: 595 GB.
>
> This seems very strange. Disk I/O tests on the system are in the 'normal' range, but queries are slower than they
usedto be.

> Is this corruption of the database? Or are there ways to 'fix' this oddity?
>
> Btw:
>
> I check the tablespace size by the os:
>
> /usr/local/pgsql/data/tblspaces/du -c -h
> 74G total
>
> All tablespaces are there. I check this by the \db command in pgsql
>
> I check te database size like this:
>
> select pg_size_pretty(pg_database_size('database'))
> 595 GB

You should also check the space held in $PGDATA/base.

--
Guillaume
  http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info

От: Gabriele Bartolini
Сообщение: Re: database size much bigger than tablespaces on filesystem
Сообщение: Re: database size much bigger than tablespaces on filesystem