Re: "Pg_restore -C" is not creating a database ( Was Create database bug in 8.1.3 ? )

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: "Pg_restore -C" is not creating a database ( Was Create database bug in 8.1.3 ? )
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Milen Kulev" <makulev@gmx.net> writes:
>> I am  getting the commands you mention:
>> pg_restore  -C -Fc tdb1b.bak  1> OUT
>> Less OUT:

>> CREATE DATABASE testdb1 WITH TEMPLATE = template0 ENCODING = 'UTF8'
>> TABLESPACE = tbs1; ALTER DATABASE testdb1 OWNER TO pg; \connect
>> testdb1 ...

>> , but testdb1  is NOT created !

Um ... you do realize that in this mode pg_restore just prints the SQL
commands to its stdout?  You're supposed to pipe them into psql if you
want anything to really happen.  Or you can add a -d switch (usually
"-d template1" when using -C) if you want pg_restore to connect to a
database server and issue the commands directly.