Re: feature request

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: feature request
Список pgadmin-support
On Sat, 2011-09-10 at 06:36 +0400, Dmitry MiksIr wrote:
> 10.09.2011 0:46, Guillaume Lelarge пишет:
> >>
> >> Some combo (for example "Maintanance DB" in New Server dialog) allow to
> >> type and select. May be switch "Data type" to this type of combo?
> > This kind of combo has a sense for the maintenance DB. We have no list
> > of the available databases. So, unless the user choose one of the most
> > likely ones, they have to type it. That kind of combo is not the good
> > one for the types combobox.
>
> Why? I have list of the available databases :)

Once you're connected to it, yes, it's easy to get the list of the
databases. But when you start creating a server, you're not connected to
it.

>  Anyway same combo used in
> "Groups" of New Server dialog and some other places.

Once again, it made some sense there too. The only way to add a groupe
is to type the new name in this combo. So, we really have to require
that you can type on this combo, or else you won't be able to add any
groups.

> >> Because it's really annoying to scroll all this datatypes...
> > Completely agree. But I'm still not sure the change you suggest is the
> > one.
> >
> For me - it's look much better ;) You can type or can select from
> dropdown. Yes, you can make typo, but, i think, it's possible to compare
> with list after type.

We can still do it till we have a better support for autocompletion on
Linux. We'll need to make that available on Linux only though.

--
Guillaume http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info http://www.dalibo.com