Re: time zone setting.

От dexdyne
Тема Re: time zone setting.
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Kris,

Good Lord, how difficult this stuff is :-) I really don't do databases as my
main living - and it's darned hard to learn enough to get a proper grip.

Thank you for your suggestion - I had assumed the substitutions for ? chars
were simply done by search-and-replace, so the context wasn't important. Now
I know better.

--------
as an aside, to aid my learnign process...

1. "you cannot do "SET TIMEZONE = ?" with a prepared statement"

  Where would I read up on what can and cannot be done with prepared
statement? Are we agreeijng that it has to be just what would be separated
by semi-colons interactively - in other words one statement per jdbc
execute? Or is the other comment right that sometimes you can include
semicolon-separated actions within a single preparedStatement

2. Any idea what tokens can appear as the first parameter to  set_config? I
tried searching the on-line manual for a list but couldn't find one.

TVM

David