Re: pg_migrator issue with contrib

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_migrator issue with contrib
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine@hi-media.com> writes:
> My vote would go to detect and error out without recovering option. If
> the tool is not able to handle a situation and knows it, I don't see
> what would be good about it leting the user lose data on purpose.

No, that's not what's being discussed.  The proposal is to have it error
out when it *does not* know whether there is a real problem; and, in
fact, when there's only a rather low probability of there being a real
problem.  My view is that that's basically counterproductive.  It leads
directly to having to have a --force switch and then to people using
that switch carelessly.