SQL_ASCII charset conversion

От Dieter
Тема SQL_ASCII charset conversion
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi

we have a Postgres 8.4 database with SQL_ASCII encoding.

Unfortunately, there are non ascii characters stored in this database. The
encoding used to store the non-ascii characters was ISO-8859-1 (LATIN1). I
know thats not the way to go, but thats the situation.

With the old Postgres JDBC Driver (older than 7.2), the charSet Property
could be as follows:
charSet=ISO-8859-1
With this setting, the characers in the database are correctly interpreted.

Now, with the new 8.4 postgres JDBC driver, this charSet setting is not
supported anymore.
How can I set the character encoding to ISO-8859-1 in the 8.4 Postgres
Driver?

Thank you very much.

Regards
Dieter