jdbc and LibreOffice on Ubuntu: slow performance

От Ulf Mehlig
Тема jdbc and LibreOffice on Ubuntu: slow performance
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Dear all,

does anybody have experience with OpenOffice/LibreOffice and
JDBC-PostgreSQL? We recently had to switch from the "native" OpenOffice
SDBC driver to JDBC for accessing our PostgreSQL databases (8.4) com
LibreOffice module lobase and experienced a dramatic slowdown of the
performance of database forms; loading a form for a single table with
about 5000 rows needs more than a minute, and search operations are also
very sluggy.

This might have to do with the number of rows fetched by default into
the form interface -- if this seems plausible to you, is there a
possibility to configure JDBC/LibreOffice to achieve a better
performance? If not, what are our options to find out what exactly
causes the bad performance?

I hope you can help -- thanks in advance,
Ulf

Server OS: Debian stable with standard PostgreSQL 8.4
Client OS: Ubuntu 11.04
Client UI: standard LibreOffice 3.3.3 (OOO330m19 (Build:301)) and
           JDBC driver postgresql-9.0-801.jdbc4.jar

--
 Dr. Ulf Mehlig · Laboratório de Biologia Vegetal
 Instituto de Estudos Costeiros (IECOS)