Re: how to Escape single quotes with PreparedStatment

От JavaNoobie
Тема Re: how to Escape single quotes with PreparedStatment
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi All ,
Thank you all for your replies. The prepared statement block that I try to
execute , after adding parameters is as follows ,(I've simplified the query
so that I can understand the concept)

String query="SELECT count(*) over () as ROWCOUNT,
CONSUMER_ID,WENEXA_ID,CONSUMER_NAME,CONTACT_NO,residing_village from
db_consumer WHERE lower(CONSUMER_NAME) LIKE (lower(%\"?\"%))";

                stmt = con.prepareStatement(query);
                stmt.setString(1, name);
                rs= stmt.executeQuery();
However upon executing the block, I get an error as follows
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: The column index is out of range: 1,
number of columns: 0.
    at
org.postgresql.core.v3.SimpleParameterList.bind(SimpleParameterList.java:53)
    at
org.postgresql.core.v3.SimpleParameterList.setStringParameter(SimpleParameterList.java:118)
    at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.bindString(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:2184)
    at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.setString(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:1303)
    at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.setString(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:1289)
    at com.enzen.cis.dao.DAOConsumerSearch.getcList(DAOConsumerSearch.java:5

Any idea why this could be happening?
Thank you.