Re: blocking referencing system catalogs in 8.4 breaks my code

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: blocking referencing system catalogs in 8.4 breaks my code
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"J. Greg Davidson" <jgd@well.com> writes:
> from my code which has a column
>     schema_name name NOT NULL REFERENCES pg_namespace ON DELETE CASCADE

You can't do that; it never has worked and is not likely to work in the
foreseeable future, because we don't support triggers on system catalogs.
Perhaps the system failed to alert you to the fact before, but if it
does so now, that's not a "regression".